Thursday, December 2, 2010

Basketball Practice

I took Pickle to basketball practice the other night. He was so rowdy all day, I was hoping that he would listen and co-operate with his coach at practice.

About 5 minutes into practice, I felt sorry for the coach.

All the boys were being rowdy and none of them were listening. They were pushing, laughing, jumping around and throwing themselves on the ground. In an effort to get them to listen to him, the coach made them run punishment laps. After the laps, some of the boys started listening, but not mine.

The coach told my son to run 2 laps for not listening. Five other boys hands shot up in the air and they started begging "Can I run laps, Can I run laps?"

The poor coach tried to explain to them that it was for punishment and not for fun.

Nobody believed him.

After the six boys ran laps, some of the other boys started pushing each other down and laughing. The coach tried a different approach. "No more horse playing guys. We have to practice. The next person to act up will have to do push-ups."

All hands shot up....Whats a push-up? It sounds fun. I want to try that...and my favorite.....I loves those, my mom buys them all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment